Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Classes

I am currently studying at the Smurfit School of Business at the University of College Dublin. As exchange students, we do not take classes with the regular MBA's. Instead we take classes with the specialized Masters Program. Currently, I am taking:
  • European Union
  • International Business Management
  • Conflict Resolution in Employment
  • Management of Technology & Innovation
During my first week of class, I fell asleep in every one of my lectures. I'd like to believe it was due to jet lag, but it may have to do with the fact that 1) I have very limited knowledge on the European Union, 2) My professors have heavy Irish accents and/or mumble in their Irish tongue, 3) It is just natural for me to fall asleep in class (those who've had classes with me can attest).

Overall, I don't think the classes will be too difficult. Compared to Pepperdine, the course load is a bit lighter - no quizzes, generally just a group project/presentation and a final exam or final paper. One thing that is kinda funny is that for many of these assignments, they want us to do a factual recap, no analysis. So basically we are doing book reports like back in grade school. Right now I have morning classes on Tuesday and Wednesday, and two classes on Thursday, leaving myself a very long weekend :)

No comments: