Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bray to Greystones Cliff Walk

So today was the last day of decent weather, at least according to weather predictions. So I decided to make the most of it, and take a train to Bray. I had read about a great hike (or cliffs walk) that was approximately 5 miles. Figured why not? Since I don't have gym access here, figured it would be good exercise and I'd get to see some cool stuff. So I took the DART to bray and walked a bit on the beach. I had to ask around and found the path for the Cliff Walk from Bray to Greystones. The ground was a bit stoney and rocky, and I realized I don't have the best hiking shoes. It was an awesome hike, but it was tiring! I walked and walked and took some pictures along the way. There were all sorts of people walking the trails - young, old, Irish, French and German. When I saw the older people walking, I figured it would be easy...boy was I wrong! haha. It wasn't bad, but it was a lot of walking and by the end my feet were killing me. It was definitely worth it though. The weather was beautiful and I got to hang out on the Greystones Beach afterwards. The beaches in Ireland are obviously a lot different than in Los Angeles, but nonetheless, it was a lovely beach. Afterwards, I took the DART back to Bray, had some seafood chowder and headed home.

No comments: